Synapse Python/Command Line Client Documentation¶
synapseclient package provides an interface to Synapse, a collaborative, open-source research platform that allows teams to share data, track analyses, and collaborate, providing support for:
- integrated presentation of data, code and text
- fine grained access control
- provenance tracking
synapseclient package lets you communicate with the cloud-hosted Synapse service to access data and create shared data analysis projects from within Python scripts or at the interactive Python console. Other Synapse clients exist for R, Java, and the web. The Python client can also be used from the command line.
Installing this package will install
synapseutils and the command line client.
synapseutils contains beta features and the behavior of these features are subject to change.
What’s on this docs site for you?¶
- Installation, Authentication, and Configuration of the
- Tutorials to get you and your team sharing, organizing, and discussing your scientific research
- How-To Guides showcasing the full power and functionality available to you
- API Reference of the programatic interfaces
- Further Reading to gain a deeper understanding of best practices and advanced use cases
- Our release notes
- Read about Synapse—how it got started and how it fits into the bigger data-sharing picture
- Gain a better understanding of Sage Bionetworks (that’s us—the nonprofit organization that created Synapse) and our other platforms that coincide with Synapse (such as portals)
- Learn about Synapse governance and how it protects data privacy
- Look up an unfamiliar term or acronym in our glossary
- See our help section for further assistance via the FAQ page, discussion forum, or contact information to get in touch